Recipes with pumpkin are fun anytime but they really make the autumn and holiday season exciting! Here is a great recipe for gluten-free pumpkin bars:
- 4 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
- 15-ounce can pumpkin or fresh cooked pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (other equivalent of other sweetener)
- 1 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger or nutmeg (for a fun twist, add pinch of cardamom)
- Icing, frosting, coconut flakes or any other topping 🙂
1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside a 10- by 15-inch baking pan (or, for a fluffier version, a 9- by 13-inch pan). Beat together eggs (or egg substitute), pumpkin, sugar (or other sweetener) and oil until well blended.
2 Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, the ginger / nutmeg, or other spices. Mix until smooth, then spread the batter in your pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
3 Apply desired topping & enjoy!
A great tip for the season is to order organic gluten-free baking mix in bulk so you can be ready to make lots of goodies 🙂
Hope you love these as much as I do!
Annie Botticelli is a Radical Self-Development Mentor, Founder/Teacher at Shine your Brilliance University and Astaria School of Practical Magic, Inspirational Speaker, YouTube Personality, Astrologer, Author, Blogger, Founder/Alchemist at Consciousness Blossoms (Organic Bath & Body Products), and Founder/Hostess at AstrologyKissedTravelBliss.com. You can see more of Annie’s blogs and offerings at www.AnnieHelpsYou.comand